This September (26 - 30) AnimaSyros International Animation Festival +Agora, returns to Syros island, Cyclades, Greece, for its most ambitious project ever!
Don't miss out on your chance to join our dynamic and energetic team!
Volunteer now at Animasyros11 and be part of a highly effervescent and creative adventure!
We are looking for joyful people, interested in participating in this year's festival as volunteers and assist in the festival’s organisation, in collaboration with the production team.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to watch animated films from all around the world, meet the directors, attend our educational workshops and parallel events (parties etc) and have a unique experience! Souvenirs and certificates of attendance will be provided to all volunteers.
Send your application to:
When you do please mind the following to:
1. E-mail subject: Volunteers Animasyros 11
2. E-mail body: Name, surname, age, participation in past Animasyros events, studies / area of expertise
3. Attached documents: portrait photo
4. Note that you will need to be in Syros during the dates September 26-30 2018.
Deadline for applications: September 15, 2018
Animaspyros is the festival’s mascot: a “living” Cycladic figurine with reference to American film director Woody Allen. The mascot was designed by Petros Christoulias and was 3D developed in by Constantinos Petrou. Since 2008, Animaspyros accompanies Animasyros in every occasion, undelining Animasyros' origin and content.
Because according to the wanderer Theophile Gautier Hermoupolis is… "the capital of elegance and style". Because it is located eighty nautical miles southeast of Piraeus and is the capital of Cyclades. Because it is a three-hour journey by boat and a half-hour flight from Athens.
The island is inhabited from the Neolithic era by Phoenicians. Syros played an important role in the development of the pre historic Cycladic civilization. The "Syros-Keros" civilization flourished that time (until 2000BC). During the historic era, the Ionians inhabited Syros and the island developed rapidly in temrs of economy, art and culture in the 6th century BC. As centuries passed Syros, was ruled by Macedonians, Romans and Byzantines.
In 1207 the Venetians occupied Syros and started building the medieval town of Syros (Ano Syros) and many Roman Catholics inhabited the island. In the 17th century, the Roman Catholic population outnumbered the Christian Orthodox. The numerous catholic churches and monasteries that have been preserved until nowadays add a unique character to the island.
In 1537 the Turks dominated Syros. During the Greek War of Independence in 1821, the island was under the French occupation and remained neutral. Many immigrants from Kassos, Chios, Psarra islands and Asia Minor came and integrated with the population. It was then that Hermoupolis was founded. From that time onwards, the city started developing in a very fast pace. In 1823 the first Hospital of Greece was founded in Hermoupolis and in 1833 the first High school of Greece, where the greek politician Eleftherios Venizelos studied, was built.
Syros evolved both commercially and culturally until the 20th century. It was the largest harbour in Greece following Piraeus.
Hermoupolis is the most well maintained neoclassical city of Greece. With a population of 13000 inhabitants, it is the largest city of Cyclades. In Miaouli square, you can still see and admire the noble town hall, work of Ernst Ziller.
Animasyros 8.0 International Animation Festival+ Agora takes place, since its inception, in Hermoupolis-Syros. This year Syros will once again attract artists and professionals from Greece and all over the world and will become an international meeting point, of knowledge and ideas exchange as well as networking in the field of animated films.
Animasyros 9.0 Market section, Agora, comes back for a second year aiming at becoming a hub of creative professional networking, targeting the development of partnerships and synergies among animation professionals around the world.
This year’s Agora includes:
• An integrated videotheque (digital library) of completed and in progress animation films, accessible to accredited professionals.
• Presentation by animation professional ofcompleted or in progress commercial and artistic projects.
• An open networking meeting (The Agora Party)
• Closed working groups on ongoing projects and/or animation software used in animation film making (Meet the Producers).
If you are a director, producer or distributor and in general professional of the animation industry you can participate in the Market in the following ways:
• Apply and get an accreditation for participating in all open actions of Agora including the videotheque (Digital Library).
• Apply and participate with your work at the videotheque (Digital Library).
• Apply and participateat the open networking meeting (Meet the directors).
• Submit your proposal for an assessment, in order to be included at the closed working groups (Meet the producers).
Send your application until 31.08 2016 at [email protected]
Every application must include:
- Brief description of the artistic work and at least one photograph thereof.
- A preview link of the animated film or the work in progress
- A brief bio and photograph
- Full contact details (Name, Country of origin, Position, Email address & mobile phone).
Send your application for the accreditation to Agora until 15.09.2016 at [email protected]gr
All applications for accreditation should include:
- Full contact details of the person concerned (Name, Country, Position, Email, Mobile Phone).